“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, SPEAK UP; defend the rights of the poor and needy.”
— Proverbs 31:8-9
- Fight Child Exploitation
- Rescue Americans from Afghanistan
- Human Traffic Investigations and Rescues
- Train Police Officers and Law Enforcement
Operation Light Shine’s mission is to fight Human Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation domestically and abroad. We accomplish this by empowering law enforcement and specialists globally, developing innovative technology and data analytics, and equipping parents and children with educational tools they need for prevention.
We have empowered two mechanisms to lay the foundation needed to accomplish our organization’s mission:
OLS created the INTERCEPT (Interagency Child Exploitation and Persons Trafficking) Task Force, this is our domestic effort combatting human trafficking and child exploitation.
We have also forged a partnership with Lantern Rescue (now funded by OLS). Lantern Rescue uses the US Army Special Forces strategy “by, with, and through”, creating international task forces in partner countries focused on combatting the Human Trafficking crisis abroad by training operations teams and empowering local forces to participate in the fight.
- In the past twelve months in the United States, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) has received over 13 Million images and videos of the sexual exploitation of children from law enforcement agencies.
- Almost 17 Million cases (327,000 a week) have been received from Social Media and other online providers by the NCMEC on top of the images and videos received by law enforcement agencies.
- From 2019 – 2020, TBI received 829 human trafficking leads of which 535 involved minors. In the same time period TBI received 677 Cyber Tips, an 83% increase over the previous year.
- Supporting the INTERCEPT Task Force with all of the resources, staffing and support required to identify and rescue child victims, apprehend their offenders and reduce the risk.
- This state-of-the-art facility brings together law enforcement, prosecutors, victim services and medical professionals in a multi-disciplinary approach to fight the exploitation and trafficking of our children.
- The task force facility is a world class first of its kind workspace providing any and all resources required to conduct investigations, plan and run operations, identify and rescue victims, educate parents and youth, process and analyze seized data and serve the Middle Tennessee community.
What is Human Trafficking?
Human Trafficking is a complex, criminal industry that profits off of the abuse and enslavement of others. With the spread of misinformation, the expansion of technology, and the lack of protection, this industry has grown exponentially reaching every country and community. With the right tools, passionate supporters, and the correct information we can combat trafficking and protect future victims from being exploited.
– Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
An umbrella term, generally encompassing sexual crimes against children where the primary motivation is sexual in nature and not commercial. CSE is form of child sexual abuse where another person uses any combination of physical or emotional coercion or enticement to sexually abuse or exploit the child. CSE can occur in person or remotely online or any combination of both. CSE can take many forms.